Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Oh, How the Mighty Have Fallen

I, once again, have been shown just how much of a competitor I can be. Even when comes to a simple game of scrabble, I find myself on the losing end.(rarely ;-)

I had the evening off last night. A rare thing, in and of itself. She made the most incredible dinner last night. She also made cinnamon rolls for dessert. Let me tell you something, these were some melt in your mouth goodies too!

Anyway, we had a bit of down time last night so we took advantage of it and challenged one another to yet another game of scrabble. In a previous game, I had claimed victory. I was feeling bold, over confident, and arrogant perhaps... Guys, I lost my shirt in that game. She came back with pent-up aggression and just completely creamed me.

She is such a graceful winner. She could have rubbed it in but no. She simply said two words..."next time".

I love you baby

Donnie

No comments: