Thursday, August 9, 2007

Muffins & Keys

My alarm went off this morning at 7AM. Now, this is a daily occurrence for me so there shouldn't have been a problem with it... right? WRONG. I remember snuggling up to Donnie asking him to make muffins (yes - it was a conscious request. I wanted muffins!). The next thing I know Donnie is booming "BABY!! It's ten til EIGHT!" Somehow, in my muffin-consuming thoughts, I had inadvertently turned my alarm OFF instead of snoozing. I came flying up out of the bed and was dressed (including my hair) in ten minutes.

After this marathon dressing I walked in to the kitchen and on the counter sat cinnamon toast. Not muffins, but equally tasty. He had made breakfast, and put together my lunch for the day while I was rushing around. Through all this - I am not fully awake. (In fact, I don't think I really woke up til about 10am. But that's beside the point.) Donnie walks me to the car like he does every morning, kisses my goodbye, and I pull away.

When I pull up to the stop sign by the apartments I do the dutiful look left, look right. Except when I look left, what do I see? My husband running full speed down the sidewalk. My first thought was, "he didn't tell me he was planning on running this morning." My second thought, "why is he barefoot?" A few seconds later it dawns on me that he might be running towards... me. Evidently in the trip to walk me to my car he had locked the door. With my keys. The very ones hanging from my ignition.

We are brilliant.

The good news? I was only 5 minutes late. :)

Sondra

Joke of the day:

Two muffins were in an oven. The first muffin says to the other muffin, "MAN! It's getting hot in here!" The second muffin turns and replies, "AGH!! A TALKING MUFFIN!!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

have you got any muffins yet!?! sounds like they are still on your mind!!!! love you!