Thursday, July 12, 2007

What Dreams May Come

Captains Log...Stardate 71207

I've learned a new language to this human masterpiece called marriage. It is interesting how your wife's dreams can totally affect her mood in the mornings. There are times that I want to crawl back into the bed and wake up again. It's only when I hear the story behind these dreams that I begin to understand exactly what makes her function.

Sondra and I enjoy spending time together in the mornings. With our complicated schedules, it really has become a source of strength for both of us. Its when you awaken to icy shores of a conversational Antarctica that things become interesting. It doesn't matter how much clothing you attempt to put on, it doesn't seem to help.

Its only when you can look her in the eye and sincerely ask her what her dream was about that the ice begins to thaw. You'll find out, that while in her dreamland, you did or said something, or even looked at her in a way displeasing. You did something to really torque her over. I found out that I did that very thing. It was only after breakfast that I got the story straightened out. I would have been upset at me too.

With each passing day, I learn a little more about the female psyche. It truly is the final frontier.

Donnie

Please forgive the Star Trek references. I was in one of those thought patterns.

1 comment:

Donley and Sondra said...

Ok - so I was trying to not be mad! He was just very mean in my dream!!! I love you honey? lol

Sondra