Monday, July 9, 2007

The Joys of Family!

Welcome to the new Gandee blog! Our first post!! And Donnie isn't even around... :) I figured we might as well succumb to peer pressure and get one. I'll try to post more frequently than my previous attempts at blogging!

This past weekend was the CNR Reunion at Canyon Camp in Hinton, OK. Donnie's first Nickell Reunion as an OFFICIAL Nickell! It was loads of fun but we are both VERY worn out. After the four hour drive up there we talked, ate, hiked, sang, played games (I whipped them in Phase10!!)... it was a lot of fun. But there was very little sleep in the midst of it all. And then there was of course - the four hour drive back! :)

For those who are acquainted with the Nickell clan - you know I have some family members that are... interesting. They can be loads of fun and yet test my patience at almost every turn. And while I love them dearly it is sometimes difficult to be around them. Perhaps we are just a little too similar. :) In one of those more stressing moments this weekend, I responded in a way that I shouldn't have (i.e. rashly and with a little bit of an attitude). In my reading the next day God showed me this scripture:

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult. Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing." Prov 12:16 & 18

Proverbs is full of wonderful words of wisdom - each one stepping on my toes at some point!! I long to be closer to God and bring others closer to Him, but that small member seems to have other plans!! My "wisdom" is quick to judge and faulty, in a flash of annoyance or anger my tongue can cut and destroy those whom I truly love. God, help us... ME... to reflect you and be full of YOUR wisdom. Bridle our tongues so that through Your word and wisdom we may minister Your true healing.

Sondra

No comments: