Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Allergies, Chicken, Ice Cream

I love my husband's cologne. And I should, since I picked it out! And I really like the perfume that he has picked out for me. However. On the days that my allergies are screaming - they both drive my nose in to a TIZZY! Today is one of those days. My allergies are driving me NUTS! It is like a thousand little hairs are tickling the end of my nose. I can't stop sneezing and I'm squinting. Not sure why I'm squinting, but I am! :)

Yesterday was our 4 month anniversary! So what did we do to celebrate? I tried a new recipe! Chicken marsala. It was actually really good. I only had minor problems with the chicken browning. I don't think I had quite enough butter in the pan. The mushrooms soaked it all up. But it is definitely a keeper recipe. Donnie even liked it, and he's not a huge fan of mushrooms. I served it over penne pasta that was tossed with a little olive oil, garlic powder (didn't have any real stuff!), and parmesan cheese. And on the side - broccoli with lemon juice, fresh ground black pepper, and (of course) a little garlic powder. A successful meal in my mind! The only problem - no dessert! Of course, I think Don and I are a little desserted out. I made a chocolate cake that we've been munching on for a couple of days. Needless to say, I was tired of cake last night. So... no dessert! :)

Ice cream. I just want some good ice cream. Not the frozen yogurt stuff. Not the fake. I want Braum's. Butter Pecan. Mint Chocolate Chip. The good stuff. Maybe I can talk Donnie into going to Braum's after church tonight. :) hehehehe

Sondra

No comments: