Monday, March 16, 2009

WBLGO - Wk 2

So the loss was NOT that good this week. But I did lose! .6 pounds! haha! We ate so bad this weekend - fajitas, guacamole, chili dogs, cake... must... learn... self... control!

Got a mani this past weekend. I was discussing how I hadn't had one in almost a year, and a dear friend felt sorry for me so she got me a gift certificate for one. I now remember why I shouldn't get them. I can't stop staring at my nails! I don't get them polished - just buffed. The shininess is getting to me. I'm so easily distracted by the shiny. And it got me to thinking.

There are a lot of people in this world that are distracted by the "shiny". They allow thoughts of money and things distract them from the work they are supposed to do.

"But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. " I Thess 5:1-2

Jesus is coming back. There are lost, hurting, confused people in this world who are being 'distracted' and lulled to 'sleep'. I pray that we aren't distracted by things or positions or the 'shiny' things of this world.

Time is short. What are you doing with what you have left?

No comments: