Monday, March 2, 2009

On All Sides

Saturday morning Donnie woke up late. He didn't wake me until he was getting ready to leave for work, so the morning started off a little off. Within an hour he called me from work saying that his grandmother (Mimi) had passed away. This was very hard news - she had not been sick and it took us (at least Donnie and I) by surprise.

Saturday afternoon Donnie and I arrived early at a Father/Daughter banquet. We were the entertainment (a skit) for the night. My sister had convinced my father (surprisingly!) to come and be our "dates" for the night. Halfway through my father began shaking and feeling poorly so Stephanie took him home. After our skit, Donnie and I rushed to their house. His temperature had reached 104. My mother was very worried, the doctor was called, and he was taken to the emergency room. That night he was admitted into the hospital. The prognosis was a UTI and a kidney infection. Again.

Sunday morning his temperature reached 104 again. The tylenol and drugs were not bringing it down any. The doctors immediately set in motion a cystogram. His breathing was very shallow and rapid. This caused worry since the aenesthesia normally caused the same effect. In went a breathing tube and a feeding tube. They removed the stint that was put in at the end of January and put in two more. After the surgery he was heavily sedated and placed in ICU.

This morning the breathing and feeding tube were removed. He is very groggy and doesn't remember the last 24 hours. However, he was allowed to sit up in a chair for a few minutes.

They still don't know what is wrong - why the infection won't go away. Why he seems to be a kidney stone manufacturer extrodinaire. However, if things continue to improve they will put him in a regular room.

Mimi's funeral will be Wednesday at 10am. Ginger has requested that Leah, Donnie and I to sing 'Blessed Assurance'.

Please say a prayer. This has been and still is a very trying time for the Gandee's and the Gooch's.

Psalm 118:1-8
O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever.Let Israel now say, that his mercy endureth for ever. Let the house of Aaron now say, that his mercy endureth for ever. Let them now that fear the LORD say, that his mercy endureth for ever. I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place. The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? The LORD taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

1 comment:

Carol Kennon said...

Hey Sondra, we're praying for your dad. I read about him being in the hospital on your mom and Steph's facebook. Sounds like it's been a rough few days. Love you guys.