Thursday, April 17, 2008

You're Still Worthy!

There is a song on my heart today:

When I am broken - I’ll be praising You
When my spirit soars - I’ll be praising You
When I’m tested and then tried and You seem far from me
My soul will cry “Bless the Lord!”
When I feel I can touch You - I’ll be praising You
When I can’t hear Your voice - I’ll be praising You
You do all things well so I’ve no need to question
In everything I will rejoice!


It is one thing to sing these words when you aren't going through a trial or you haven't really faced any strong opposition. But! When you feel as though it is one of your darkest times and you can still say the words "BLESS THE LORD!" I never want to let go of the hand of God! He is the source of strength, the salvation of my soul, everything you will ever need. The chorus to the song goes on to say:

I will sing hallelujah!
I’ve got breath in my body and Your mercy still shines on me
Hallelujah!
When my heart is breaking - You’re still worthy!
Hallelujah!


No matter what is going on in our lives - God is still worthy of the highest praise. Though it may be hard to acknowledge that fact - the truth doesn't diminish. He is worthy. Regardless.

Sondra

No comments: