Friday, May 2, 2008

A Little Late

Hey Everybody...

Sondra and I celebrated 1 year of wonderful wedded bliss this past March 17th. We wanted to go somewhere special for the both of us, a place that neither one of us had spent any amount of time. We chose to take a roadtrip. Our final destination...Tyler, Texas :-)

We had a wonderful time. Sondra and I are a couple of closet history buffs. We visited several of the hsitorical homes in the area. One in particular, the Goodman home, was quite an interesting place. It showed just how much people, in the 1800s, used mirrors as a way to make their houses appear much bigger than they were. The Goodman home had mirrors on opposite sides of the room. Also, every room in the house, with the exception of the kitchen, had a fireplace. Even the bedrooms...all four of which were up a looooooong winding staircase. Long story short, it was a beautiful thing to see and even more fun to imagine life in the heyday of every room.

We went bowling and enjoyed the most incredible Victorian style steaks from Outback. My, my, my...

The best thing about it all was the time that we had to spend together. We had so much fun laughing at each others jokes. We even sat in McDonalds for over an hour just reading the newspaper and cracking up at the latest news.

Sweetheart, I love you

Donley

1 comment:

Joseph James said...

Congrats on you one year mark. I was reading through some past blogs and noticed your comment! For some reason I forgot to list you on my blog roll... you are now added! lol