Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Been A Long Time

It's been a long time since I've posted anything here. Three months according to one person. Life has been really busy, and honestly, a little hard.

Since I've last posted my grandmother passed away. This was my last living grandparent. I am very grateful for the heritage that she left behind. This past weekend was Texas Women's Conference. Our Music Director, Julie, was asked to be over the music - so a few other ladies and myself were privileged to sing. It was tiring! But it was a wonderful experience. On Friday night a few ladies were asked to pray over the prayer cloths that were passed out to all those in attendance. The woman who led the prayer was Sis Judy Gandy. Sis Gandy is an amazing prayer warrior who has survived cancer. The power in her prayer was as tangible as an electric charged wire. What does this have to do with my grandmother? Well, during her prayer she called out "the dead cannot praise God!," went silent for a moment, and then repeated herself. It got me immediately to thinking about my grandparents. All four were warriors for Christ. They lived their lives praising the most high God and tried to instill that desire into their children and grandchildren. When they passed - so did their praise. The worthiness of God did not diminish, but the praise given Him on this earth did. I do not want that praise to be squelched! It is my desire that their praise continue on in me. I want to carry the torch of praise that my grandparents carried. I want it to be brighter and stronger than when they started their journey. I pray their passion for Christ carries on into my life, and should the Lord tarry, on into the lives of my children.

Sondra

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome...loved this blog!! How true it is! I feel like we have such a priviledge and have been blessed more than we realize!! Love you girl and am praying for you and Donnie! Roberta