Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanksgiving

God is really good - do you know that? A blog I like to read challenged the readers to list things they were thankful for. So here we go!

1. Freedom
I am very thankful for all of my freedoms. They become so common that I am guilty of overlooking them. I am thankful for the freedom to worship, the freedom to do what I please, and the freedom to open my mouth and insert my foot!!

2. Family (and my husband!)
They drive me nuts, and I am so glad! :) I am so thankful for the heritage that was passed down to me. I am thankful for the love that is shown in so many ways. I am thankful that I still have most of my family still with me. And I am so very very very thankful for one of the best things that has ever happened to me - my husband.

3. Forgiveness
You may think this one is a little silly, but reference #1!! I do have a tendency to say things before thinking and to do the wrong thing. But! I have a most forgiving husband who somehow overlooks most of my slip-ups! And oh how sweet is the forgiveness of God! Every time I struggle and, again, open my mouth and insert that not-so-tasty foot of mine - He is there to forgive!!

4. Friendship
I am thankful for mi amigos! They keep me on teh straight and narrow. True friends who aren't afraid to tell you "umm, you got a pepper flake riiiiight there - no to the left", who aren't put off by the layer of dust on the picture frames, and who will listen to you complain and just ask for more coffee. They are God's gifts. And I love each and every one of them. In spite of their college football delusions. :)

5. Good food
Do I really need to explain this one??? :) What can I say? I love to eat!!!


I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Be thankful for all the little things. They add up. :)

Sondra

3 comments:

J. Lemoine said...

I updated! :) Surprise Surprise! :) Happy Turkey Day!

Anonymous said...

I'm Superman :)

Anonymous said...

I'm Superman :)

Steph