Thursday, September 20, 2007

Coping Skills

September 20th - and I've only posted twice? This must be remedied! It's been a bit of a hectic month and blogging has been far from my mind.

When I am stressed, I find myself blocking things out only focusing on matters that aren't really important. Anything to keep the "real" thoughts from invading my mind. Those thoughts that will make me sad, force me to be an adult (yucky!!), bring the cruelity of reality to my doorstep. If I don't think about it, it isn't there - right?? Can't I just bury my head and it go away for good?? Wrong and, umm, no. All I end up doing is postponing the inevitable. Don't get me wrong. I think that you shouldn't worry and dwell on the negative. However, I do think it is unhealthy to not process what is happening in your life. I do believe what I'm missing are... coping skills. :) Oh, I'm working on them - believe me. And I probably am better than I give myself credit for. It's just so much easier to go numb. But, that's not how God wants me to live my life. And it isn't how I want to live my life.

So, tell me - how do you cope? What is your release? How do you process things that are going on in your life? Do you talk to your honey? Do you write? Or do you simply pray? I'm actually really curious - so, please, leave some comments!

Thanks for stoppin' by! ;)

Sondra

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know what I do... I make lists... :)