Monday, November 17, 2008

Food for thought

I am one who loves to be in control. For those who know me well, Shush. :)

Seriously, I do like to have some control in my life. Even if I am a bystander, I like to know what is going to happen, what the plan is. It rolls over in to every aspect of my life in some form or fashion. I will read the last chapter in a book if I can't tell which way it will end, often skimming when I get nervous about the direction it is headed. If watching a movie, when the plot is not predicatable (at least to me) I will get nervous and feel like I have to leave the room. My alarm clock is set 10 minutes ahead - just to get an idea of where I will be in about that time. Sad, isn't it??

I stumbled upon this link (i used to hate to be confused) on a website. I knew had to read it after skimming the title.

Know you may wonder what control and confusion have in common. (I know - you've probably already figured this out - but work with me) I do NOT like being confused. When I am confused, I feel as though I have lost all control and am left vulnerable. I don't really do vulnerable well. However, it is only in that vulnerability and weakness that God is glorified!

Psalms 18:30-32 "As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him. For who is God besides the LORD? And who is the Rock except our God? It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

He is perfect. I am not. A reminder I need daily.

No comments: