Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Geezer-ville and Sappy-town

It is official. My husband has turned old. His 30th birthday is today. Now, I don't really think 30 is old. In fact, the closer I get to it - the younger it seems! I just like to tease him about leaping into a new decade of his life.

I am so very proud of my husband. He works so hard day in and day out. The schedule he maintains is packed tight with school, work, church obligations - but he always makes time for me and time for our marriage. This past weekend is a prime example. He normally works Friday nights and Saturday mornings, but he took off so we could go to Granbury with the church. He had a test on Tuesday and a large lab that was due that day as well. I know he really needed to study. But because he wanted to spend time building our marriage he did not study over the weekend, causing him to stay up very late Sunday night and Monday night to go over everything.

What I admire most about my husband is his devotion to God. There were times that I know he could have stayed home and studied instead of going to church. Or times that he could have gotten extra hours for needed income at work. But he didn't. He has put God above all else and is such a great example to me, his family, my family, and our friends.

I love you Donnie. I hope you have a wonderful 30th birthday. And I pray that God blesses you with many more years. With ME!! :)


(btw - he's the hunk in the middle!)

Sondra

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Donnie! I did not realize that Wednesday was your birthday! You are a wonderful person! We are proud of the man you have become! Great post Sondra! Love you both! The McLaughlin's